Mt. Bethel’s Memorial Garden and Columbarium
- Private meditation
- Interment or scattering of ashes of the cremated human remains
- Memorial recognition of persons whose ashes are scattered in the Memorial Garden
- Memorial recognition of persons whose remains are interred elsewhere.
The Memorial Garden and Columbarium are located on the north front side of the church. The Columbarium is a semicircular wall. It presently has 35 niches with area for expansion on both sides for a total of 95 niches. All niches have granite removal covers for interment of ashes. Nine niches have a different color granite to form a cross. Each niche measures 12”x12”x12” and may contain the ashes of one or two persons.
The following are eligible for interment or scattering of ashes in the Memorial Garden:
- Members or former members of Mt. Bethel
- Ordained ministers who served as pastor at Mt. Bethel
- Employees and former employees of Mt. Bethel
- Spouses, parents, children, and grandchildren of the above
Schedule of Fees
Right to exclusive use of niche in Columbarium for ashes of two persons:$1300 Right to exclusive use of niche in Columbarium for ashes of one person:$1000 Right to scattered ashes of one person in the Garden:$50 Memorial plaque for one person whose remains are scattered in the Garden or located elsewhere:$150.00
History: A Columbarium is designed to meet the growing trend of our society and church membership to use cremation at the time of death and to have interment of family members near the church. Mt. Bethel’s Columbarium was dedicated on Easter of 2006.