Mt. Bethel Presbyterian Church is seeking applicants for its twenty hours a week Staff Specialist position.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To promote and support the missions and ministries of Mt. Bethel Presbyterian Church through administrative, clerical, and technical support as delegated by the pastoral staff and church officers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- File paid bills by vendor or by month of applicable fiscal year
- Maintain correspondence
- Maintain church calendar including the use of facilities for weddings and community meetings
- Maintain updated information on pastoral and congregational concerns
- Maintain worship attendance records
- Provide and promote a helpful and hospitable reception to the church and/or church office in a professional manner
- Maintain office equipment and supplies including curriculum and other publications as requested
- Revise and distribute church directory quarterly
- Maintain records and assist Clerk of Session with annual report data by updating committee reports and preparing handouts for annual meeting that includes committee reports, financial data, and membership changes
- Prepare and copy worship bulletins
- Send reminders each week to worship leaders, i.e., scripture readers, greeters, and children’s sermon volunteers
- Submit time sheets for hourly employees
- Prepare membership, transfer, ordination, and baptismal certificates
- Maintain membership files
- Input contributions into ACS Realm program
- Endorse checks and deposit contributions
- Prepare packets for new members
- Send letters to families notifying receipt of memorials for deceased family member and acknowledgement notes of receipt to those who have given memorial gifts
- Track designated gifts noted on offering slip and send thank-you notes
- Pre-numbered receipts should be issued to individuals who bring money to the office for fees/donations
- Proficiency in online communication and bookkeeping, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, and social media apps like Facebook groups, Snapchat and/or Instagram
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, both electronic and paper filing systems
- Attention to detail and following up with individuals and organizations
- Must be bonded
- Proficiency in WordPress and knowledgeable about website publishing.
- Working knowledge of accounting methods and audit trails.
Salary commensurate with experience. Job description approved by Session _June 17, 2021___
Please send resumes with references to Ken Jones: email@example.com