Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry
Mt. Bethel Presbyterian Church is seeking a part-time Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries.
Responsibilities include developing, coordinating, innovating and maintaining all activities relating to children and youth from 3 years through grade 12. The ideal candidate must be passionate about leading children, youth, and their parents to grow in Christ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Plan and participate in summer and year round K – 5th grade activities
– Lead Youth Groups on Sunday evenings, grades 6 – 12
– Provide and lead Youth “Sunday School”
– Plan youth trips, fellowship events and service projects
– Involvement with confirmation class as needed for Youth
– Plan and organize budget and fundraisers
– Prepare and distribute calendar of events with input and feedback from
– Work in conjunction with Christian Education committee to review, maintain and update Safe Space policy and train volunteers. Review policy annually for edits and updates.
– Schedule and plan for children/youth participation during certain worship parents and Christian Education Committee services, Youth Sunday, Children’s Sabbath, etc.
Education and Experience
– Gifted and called to children’s and youth ministry; previous experience in children’s and/or youth ministries preferred
– Administrative, organizational and communication skills necessary to perform the job duties
– Engaging teacher with a strong biblical background
– Understanding of the basics of Reformed theology
– Undergraduate degree in education, theology, or related discipline preferred
Compensation: Part-time averaging 20 hours per week, must include Sunday hours.
Hourly schedule is flexible. Compensation is commensurate with education and
Please send resumes with references to Drexel Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org