Mt. Bethel welcomes all people, regardless of ability, age, ethnicity, family status, gender, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, social or economic circumstance. We consciously strive to create an environment of mutual respect, hospitality, and warmth in which none are strangers and all may flourish. We would be pleased for you to join us in our journey of faith.
- The Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit, is a faithful witness to the life of Jesus Christ, and is a living document which continues to speak to us today.
- Through infant baptism, the parents, family, friends, and the whole church commit themselves to nurture the child in faith.
- Christ calls us to the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper – it is not our table, it is His, and all are welcome. Children’s participation in the Lord’s Supper is based upon their parent’s choice.
- God speaks to all men and women equally. Women are invited to participate in all levels of church leadership – as elders, deacons, and pastors.
- We actively encourage youth and children to attend – and participate in – regular worship services with their parents.
Officers and Staff:
Class of 2019: Al Myers, Leslie Wickham, Pam Mears
Class of 2020: Kristen Pormann, Jeff Winters
Class of 2021: Sue Kadwell, Anne Neill, Kelly Spivey
Kristen Pormann, Clerk of Session
Class of 2019: Grace Tarrant, Michael Sherrod, Vicki Parks
Class of 2020: Janet Lewis, Lucy Reid, Kay Spivey
Class of 2021: Denise Adams, Bruce Foraker, Camille Turner (youth), Alyssa Medenblik
Bill Chappell, Parish Associate
Amy Daw, Organist; Director of Music Ministry and Chancel Choir
Bonnie Deppenbrock, Parish Associate
Vern Van Bruggen, Parish Associate
Ingram Hedgpeth, Pastor
Drexel Jackson, Office Administrator
Rebecca Barnes, Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries
Pat Rust, RN, Parish Nurse
Mary Towell, Nursery Director